Estate Planning, Probate & Estate Administration, Business Formation & Succession, Special Needs Trusts, Marital Agreements, Expert Testimony, Taxation.
From estates with French jewelry collections and prized stallions, to estate planning for ordinary people like us and our loved ones, Lisa can and has handled it. She brings her seemingly inexhaustible supply of legal knowledge—and her customary charm and calm—to bear for every client. Lisa’s training as a business lawyer, tax lawyer and trust/estate lawyer allows her to “think outside the box” for those clients whose affairs are complex or have competing goals.
Over her 30+ years practicing trusts and estates law, she has developed extensive knowledge of planning for assisted reproductive technology, same-sex couples, closely-held businesses, incapacitated beneficiaries, and non-citizens. In the office, we count on her for input in those cases as well as for her ability to take charge of a project and get it done.
Lisa has recently taken up ballroom dancing. She claims to be a beginner, but we’re pretty sure she scores perfect 10s.
Lisa has been awarded as Best Lawyer’s Lawyer of the Year for Closely Held Companies and Family Businesses Law in Washington, D.C.
Lisa handles the following types of matters, among others:
- The design and preparation of estate plans
- Succession planning for entrepreneurs with closely-held businesses
- Charitable planning and tax-exempt organizations (e.g., private foundations and tax-exempt trusts)
- Disputes over trusts and estates
- Special needs trusts
- The administration of trusts and estates
- Marital agreements (a.k.a, prenuptial agreements and postnuptial agreements)
- The modification of irrevocable trusts
- Guardianships and conservatorships